Policy governing the use of Harbor Springs Public School Pool
Any non-profit community-based
program, which is sponsoring an activity primarily involving HSPS students or
whose total profits and sole mission directly benefits those students.
Any other non-profit organization
such as churches or other civic organizations.
Any “for profit” community organization, which has a function or activity appropriate for use of the community pool.
Organizations using the Harbor Springs Community Pool will be charged rental fees according to the following schedule. This fee is in addition to the cost of school approved custodial or technical personnel if necessary. Independent contractors are considered a Class 3 rental. Please call the pool office for"Off Peak" (March-August) rental rates.
User Group Usage Policies & Rules
2. No gum, food, or drinks (except water) will be permitted on deck or in the locker rooms. All food is to be consumed in the hallway.
3. Shower thoroughly, including hair, before swimming.
SHOES on the pool deck.
6. No screaming, cursing, or rough-housing anywhere on site.
7. Do not throw, stand on or sit on kick boards.
8. Do not hang on lane lines. Lane lines may snap.
9. Equipment damaged by improper use or gross negligence will result in a repair/replacement charge to the responsible user group.
10. User group members are to remain on the pool deck until a lifeguard/coach are present.
11. User group members must pay to use the facility during any time other than their specified rental time.
12. The diving board is off limits unless the dive team is practicing with coach supervision.
13. Divers may practice only when there is direct coach supervision. Every effort must be made to keep the swimmers and the divers from colliding.
14. The Harbor Springs community pool requires that user groups are responsible for putting in and taking out as well as the storage of lane lines, on the caddy, prior to and following activity. Lane lines should be stored neatly.
15. Only employees of the Harbor Springs community pool are permitted in the pool office, except during swim meets.
16. Only blue painter’s tape or
poster putty may be used to hang items temporarily in the pool area.
off all showers after use.
1. Swim Team user groups must have
an approved coach before practices can be held. A team will not be permitted to practice
without an approved coach on the pool deck. Swim team practice will not be allowed during lap swim times.
8. Coaches/Patrons are not allowed to solicit pool users for personal gains, this includes but is not limited to setting up off site lessons. If a patron is found to be soliciting you will not be allowed the use of the community pool. Memberships will be refunded.
The pool director reserves the right to change policies at any time deemed necessary.